ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has probably been asked im just confused can someone post the rules and regulations for bowfishing or post the website of it but not so i have to find it im so bad at that. thanks -Scott :lol:

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Just checkk the club site at www.illinoisbowfishing.com or click the banner at the top of the page and go into rules and regulations for the state regs Scott. Then you must also see if there are any site specific regulations for the lake you wish to bowfish.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much every thing is cleared up from that letter because i also hunt with a 12 guage and i thought all wepons had to be in case. that is so great . this is just really hard for me because my dad hates that i like bowfishing and says its wrong to shoot fish with no intention of eating them. and i tell him the facts about invasive species and that carp are bad and that ill experiment with recipes but he still hates it. even better i didnt know you can land shoot in the desplaines river.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yeah sorry forgot to add this i think what i read said i can bowfish from shore at desplaines river. is that right? and were at ? and can i do it in forest preserves? thanks -Scott

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
No bowfishing in the Cook Cty Forrest Preserves Scott. They have site specific regs saying you cant. Always check with the people who manage the lake or river where you want to bowfish before going out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks are there ant lakes in lakecounty that i can for sure bowfish from shore?

·
Registered
678 Posts
your dad has a right to his opinion, but it doesnt mean he's right about bowfishin. as long as you are not breaking any laws, and you seem to be keeping that in mind by checking them, you are not doing anything wrong. it is a legitimate sport. and even with all the bowfisherman they wont even put a dent in the carp population. by the looks of all the posts here you would think there wouldnt be a single carp left :lol: these guys are pretty proficiant............they shoot alot of carp!

Joe

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Joe D said:
your dad has a right to his opinion, but it doesnt mean he's right about bowfishin. as long as you are not breaking any laws, and you seem to be keeping that in mind by checking them, you are not doing anything wrong. it is a legitimate sport. and even with all the bowfisherman they wont even put a dent in the carp population. by the looks of all the posts here you would think there wouldnt be a single carp left :lol: these guys are pretty proficiant............they shoot alot of carp!

Joe
Honestly, if you have never been out at night when the carp are spawning you have no idea of the numbers of these fish. You could commercially net them daily and they would still be there.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah thanks guys maybe one of these times ill be able to make it to a shoot and meet you.-scott 8:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts