ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
4,273 Posts
oldstyleken said:
any report on sag east trout.thanks
Was there Sunday. If 5% of the anglers had a trout I would have been surprised. Heard one guy say "I got one" in which some guy in a chair picked it up and ran his arse off to fish by him LOL. One guy said he had caught four on spinners (giving 2 away) and no-one was catching them on live bait. Later some guy comes by with his son saying the limited out using minnows and they weren't hitting spinners. Then they said they caught them on nightcrawlers, then worms. I have no clue and no idea and if they even had 10 trout. Besides the one guy that yelled out, saw no-one else (and there had to be at least 100 anglers out) catch one. The two I saw (guy that used spinner baits) were a nice size.

CPO was out, told him thanks for checking anglers out. In fact quite a few other anglers were thanking them also. Everyone checked out, no violations. That's because no-one was catching any LOL. They did say a few crappies were caught by people fishing with minnows.

·
Registered
10 Posts
OZ,
I was out at Sag East on Saturday and we did OK. I was fishing with a new friend I had just met there that morning, Mike, and we both got 4 trout each. All of them were really nice size. All but one came on Chartreuse Glitter Turbo powerbait. The other was caught on a crawler. We both missed 2 others on the powerbait and I missed one on a Rooster Tail. We were fishing off the last point before the turn to go to the back end. Most of our fish were caught straight down from the shore, not very far out at all. We did see a few others caught and saw one guy with his young son catch quite a few on waxies under a float about 2 1/2 to 4 feet down. It was a little crowded in the early morning, but nothing like Axehead or Silver Lake are known to be.

Louis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts