ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched the east parking lot empty as I tried the south shorelines west of the spillway. Caught a really tiny largemouth and saved its life too. I was hooked on a line under a rock, stuck there perhaps permainently. Then I caught it on a 1" yellow twister and tiny jig. I cut the line near its mouth and let it swim away. Nothing else hit. Noone I saw caught anything in a couple of hours. The crappies seem to bite right before dark only here. I fished until 315pm. Not dark enough. Tried bass stuff, pike stuff, large and small spinners and tails. Not a hit. Interesting varieties of seagulls. Some sound like Herons but were some kinds of gulls. "bawk bawk bawk" they said. Also herons were there as were chickadees, robins galore, and no geese. That's different. But, the water is very cold still, and usually this is THE time to get big largemouths here. Several anglers walking back along the south shore said they have not seen caught, nor have they caught crappies here all open water 2008. 2 of the guys fished every day since ice out. I told them one day I caught 5 crappies but it was near dark. Mmm the mystery of Saganashskee's crappies remains an un-solved mysery for most anglers. Tampier note: I hit therre a few hours a April 15th. Nothing there. There are new giant slab rocks in place on the west end of east point, I guess for erosion reasons. They make great platforms for casting. It was so windy 4/15 I had a sore neck the entire next day from the wind twisting my body like I was a tree. So noone catch anything here either. (Newspaper reports :)20 ?)

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
why waste your time unless you have false hopes of acually having a good day on 1 of those 2 lakes. maple would be a better choice or pappouse

·
Registered
107 Posts
:eek: I can understand the" why go there " part......just don't have an answer to the "why aren't they there" part.....buddy's say the same thing ,all work and no pay out..(Sag,Papose,it's all slow now)....fishrelease p.m. me and I'll steer you to a few shore areas that might get the skunk out ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
crappie man

Great reading your posts... :)2 :)2 I'll admit, I'm very jealous of them crappies you been posting. I'm beggin here almost man,,,,Tell you what, I consider myself an honest guy, and I wouldnt even go back to your spots without a nod ;) All I can say is i'd wanna try to even think about a few keeper sized crappies. I would not add any to a bucket unless it was ok by you,,,and I'd be more than happy to pop for lunch. I would keep my word, and return favor iffin i ever get pond behind house figured out. Great posts man,,, yours motivate alot of us to try and find em,,,,, I just cant seem to find any at all :roll: meaning time, health, fishing pard always helps,,, atleast my mrs and daughter gonna go try to get a few with me in morning,,,,,,,, good fishin,,, get back to me if ya want,, but the world we live in i could see your point in not. Good fishin..................

·
Registered
492 Posts
I caught about 50 yesterday at Tampier, brought 19 home. Keepers ranged from 11"- 14". Try the south side of the dam 1 1/2- 2 feet down w/ a slooooooow retrieve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts