ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I asked for assistance with Sangchris Lake, but received none. I thought I would do what no one else could or would do. We of course had to deal with wet cold front conditions, but managed to put some very large crappies in the boat, 16 total. Five of them were over a pound with one weighing 1.5. They have a 10 fish 10" limit. It was well worth the drive, even in the worst of conditions. If you go stop at Kates Bait a couple miles before the west access. She will give you up to date information.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Glad you had a good time at Sangchris. Sorry you didn't get any assistance but that's how BBs work. If members have information, they usually share but.....
They don't read CLF every day. (for shame.)
They've never heard of Sangchris.
They've never fished Sangchris.

You can now be our Sangchris expert.

Good fishing

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey BB-
I spend quite a few weekends in Taylorville and have been going over to shelbyville when I can. I have always wanted to try sangchris, but don't know much about the lake. Is there a lot of cover for crappies? I will be down that way this weekend and was planning on going to shelbyville, but might try sangchris. What general area were you fishing? Have you tried there for cats as well? Thanks, and I will let you know how I did.
Dirk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dirk-if you put in on the west arm and travel north the first two small coves have what we call in Minnesota bullrushes. The crappies are around the bullrushes. Minnows did not work, but 32oz jigs with army green tubes and waxworms did. We caught some cats throwing tubes. My brother had a huge cat on around the corner south of striper point where there is a fish crib. If you have a hotspots map of the lake you will know exactly where I am talking about. The crappie coves are #8 on the map. I hope you have a great time. We will be at Shelbyville with our kids.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts