ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to Shabbona and drifted around to some of last years good spots...didn't get a single bite. Saw a few crappie caught and the bait shop had a picture of a muskie that was caught. Everyone I talked to out there said little to no action. Water still very cold and high.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nonpoint,
Thanks for the post, I guess I'll wait for the water temp to rise before taking the boys out crappie fishing.

G

·
Man, I don't know what the deal was, but there were pelicans and seagulls all over that lake on Saturday. The dead shad were all over the place, and were thick on the bottom of the lake. I was pulling up slimy rotten carcasses on almost every drift. I was planning on fishing the little event on the 12th, but have since changed plans.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We saw a lot of dead fish other than shad up on the rocks over by the damn too....more than a few huge bass...and someone apparently found a big muskie washed up.

I expected lots of dead shad after the thaw and I can understand a few other fish dieing off..but something just didnt seem right.

·
Registered
145 Posts
happens every year out there. We were out there last week and caught some dead shad but that's about it. Another couple degrees and it will liven up out there. We came across a Musky, had to be 40" or so, floating on the first point outside the no motor zone.

·
Registered
489 Posts
mwp1054 said:
happens every year out there. We were out there last week and caught some dead shad but that's about it. Another couple degrees and it will liven up out there. We came across a Musky, had to be 40" or so, floating on the first point outside the no motor zone.
Hey Mark, why don't we get out there in your boat next week? 8:) Oh yeah, that's right, motors broke! :cry: Did you find out what the cause is yet?

See you later this week, hopefully!

Darrin
The poster formerly known as Oswego Fishin Fool

·
Registered
216 Posts
Broke motor

This post is for Mark with the broken motor. Outboard or trolling motor? I have a used Motor Guide 12/24 that I took off of my 18 ft Hydrasport.

It works great and moves the boat really well. I'm looking to get rid of it.

Interested?

PM me if you are

1 - 7 of 7 Posts