ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way to kentucky lake we blew the trans and are stuck in Effingham. :evil: :)3 Looking for very recent reports as we are renting another truck for 2 days during repairs and have to fish Shelbyville or Sara.....prefer shelby cuz i have a tourney there in 2 weeks......HELP!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
FISHING REPORT DATE: 04-18-08

WATER CONDITIONS: Lake level is 602.47 feet; 8.47 feet above normal pool. Lots of water going down stream. The water is stained to muddy with temperatures in the high 40's to low 50's.

FISH: Crappie ... Fair to Good; Look for them in the warmer water areas in 5 to 6 feet of water around standing timber in coves; fish are scattered, but try minnows or jigs; small to keeper sizes being caught. Get out and try to catch a few fish, sunny days will warm the water.

FISH: Carp ... Good; Fish are spawning; anglers are successful near the shorelines near brush and cover.

NOTES: Starting April 1st, the crappie creel limit has been changed to five fish shorter than 10 inches and 10 fish longer than 10 inches. Hopefully this will prevent overharvesting of smaller white crappie.

NOTES: Reported by Ken Pierson of the Army Corps of Engineers.For lake report - call 217/774-2020. Warmer water temperature are needed for increased fishing success. The discharge rate has increased into the Kaskaskia River.

Hope this helps! GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
shelbyville

We were there last week. The sucked the baloney pony as the wind was blowing 40 mph and you could not stay in one place no matter what. We metered some big balls of shad out by the dam area though. We ended up fishing the spillway from shore and got one muskie and a few walleye. Over all it sucked. The muskie was nice but not a good way to spend 4 days. The food is horrible down there too.[/img]

·
Registered
18 Posts
shelbyville crappie

Was there 4/20-4/21. Crappie was fair at best. Water temps upper 40s to mid 50s, even got some near 60 reads in the shalloow coves. Water very stained, visibilty less than 10". Crappie were suspended in the coves with standing timber around 10-15 feet in depths around 20 ft.

Bass tourney on Sunday...talked to a few stated it was slow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good Place to Eat

Skeeters at one of the marinas, can't remember where. Just know was good food. Don't know if it is open for the season yet or not though...

·
Registered
48 Posts
i think skeeters is at sullivan marina but im not 100% sure! Never really ate anywhere over there, mainly just pack a lunch. If you are wanting like a 20 mile radius post it up and i can help you out but nothing really on the lake that i can think of.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
The best breakfast is at the Old School amish place in Sullivan on the weekends, there is a little old grandma that hand makes cinnamon rolls that are the absolute best :)6 :)6 I think I ate 6 last trip down and wasn't hungry for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
48 Posts
They tore down the little old school house! Walgreens bought the property and tore it down! THey have to have one on every corner!! lol its really too bad they are putting good places outta business!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts