ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been to Shelbyville lately. I have never been there and we will be going in a couple weeks. I just wanted to know the water clarity and level. I'm not asking for anyone's secret baits or spots. Just looking for some general info so I know what to expect when I get there. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am happy to help you out big guy. The first thing i would tell you champ is he water clarity is on the clearer side and the water level is around summer pool. The word is the Muskie have been caught near the edge of weed beds near the main lake. If that doesnt work pal i have heard they have been found in some of the coves near weed beds. Another tip i have for you sport is they are sometimes found a little deeper near some rocks or rip rap. If that is unsuccessful try shallower. As far as lures go guy you may want to use natural looking colors. If for some reason that does not get you any bites dude try a brighter, flashier color. I hope this gives you a little help in your Muskie adventure buddy.

Sal

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the PM Quacker. Hey Sal. It sounds like you've been watching too many Musky Hunter episodes there liver lips. Hey sizzle chest if I wanted crap info I would go to some of Jim Saric's seminars.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jim is very good at catching musky when he has a guide in the boat with him. Thanks for the PM mecoltin. I will try that next time we go down there. Unfortunatley I didn't see your message before we left. We did not have any luck on the lake but managed to catch a 36 incher below the dam an hour before we headed home.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was surprised to see there were not many people for a Saturday morning. The side we fished there were two other guys fishing. The other side had about 5 people. It didnt look like any of them were musky fishing. They all had live bait sitting out on the bottom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.