ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to see a customer close to the river so I popped down to Batavia, south of main by the islands for about 30 minutes. The wind is brutal and I wasn't dressed for it, while it looks warm out trust me it wasn't at 10:30. I still had minnows from a couple weeks back so I gave those a shot. I had a slip float rigged, wrong choice with the wind. It would blow to so fast up river, I think a jig would have been more productive. I was fishing a soft bottom flat on the west side with semi slack water. got the skunk, I'm hoping to get back out this evening will post my results.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Hoffman said:
I think a jig would have been more productive.
I was out for a bit around the same time and used a jig. NADA
You're right, the wind wasn't too nice and I didn't stay out for any more than a half hour.

282 Posts
Hey i saw you out there again. Only thing i got hits on are big jointed muskie cranks (6 inch) But i had a 28 incher to the shore and he shook me off.
Hope to see you again. by the way DONT WEAR HIPPERS IN THE FOX MOST TIMES ITS OVER YOUR WAIST.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope didn't wade she's too high and fast for me.

Alex, the hip boots were just to cross flooded areas on the land not wading with them. Too bad your ski got off I would have been upset as well. I did pretty well in the area I saw you. I will probably be around that area today again at some point. Kinda looking to switch things up though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts