ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went out by the Otto factory around 7 till 9 jigging a small jig tipped with a minnow.Unfortunately no luck I had 2 bites but couldn't convert.Am I doing something wrong or was it just a bad day ?Any tips from anyone would be great.Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sounds like the right technique to me, but then again I got skunked at my lunch hour in dundee yesterday too. Used the same rig as you and also a slip bobber & minnow. Lost one nice fish on the slip bobber though. Low light conditions seem to work better for the walleye though. How many other people were fishing there? That spot gets a lot of pressure... We need more rain! I was killing them when it was muddier....

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also used the bobber technique and nothing.I counted 11 people there when I started but most left at 730.After a while I started to play with the carp and still only ended up with one.Who knows.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went out again last night this time I fished in front of the plant.Did a little better this time I got 1 cat about 2 1/2 lbs 1 dink eye 1 bullhead and a sheephead.Nothing spetacular but its better than nothing.Using minnow with a straight hook.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts