ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to order some Clouser Minnows for smallie fishing in this area (Northern Illinois). Anyone know the best combination of color and size? I have a #6 rod, what’s the largest I can throw reasonably, under good conditions?

BA

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sizes 6 and 8 are good, I use red/white, grey/white, and chart/white.

Although I really don't think the color matters much. If your fishing the Fox, I would fish WOlly Buggers more. I think they have a more substantial profile in the dirty water.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jim F on 2002-04-22 08:47 ]</font>

·
Registered
44 Posts
If your a little adventurous you could tie your own, I mean I have been tying for awhile and its so worth it to tie your own, I mean any combination you want along with the number of them you want, and sizes...its endless! But again, there are a great number of clousers to tie that work, I tie my own all white clouser on a number 6 with chartruse krystal flash through the middle and I have caught almost every species of fish I fish for in Illinois, not to mention produced down in Florida in the salt and caught numerous species as well. Good Luck, just wondering where you were thinking about going? Tight Lines Y'all!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the info. For those wondering I will probably be throwing these things in the Rock, Kish, the Green, rivers, local ponds and lakes, and Green Bay Wi., when I go to the Door. Some of the local waters I’ll also be throwing at Large Mouths.
Thanks again.
BA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.