ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the river the last 3 weekends smallies are going nuts. 15 20 fish everytime out. Most of them are in the 12 to 15 inch range. Did get a couple big ones 18 and 17 inch. Even got a pike my first from the dupe along with the bigest rock bass I have ever seen.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a very productive stretch. You just need to know where and when to go. When I say when I mean time of year. My spring spots dont produce in summer and summer spots dont produce in fall. There is a lot of dead water that is just to shallow. I have just a handfull of spots. You just have to search and destroy. I have bin fishing the dupe for about 2 years now. Every year I find more and better spots. The key in the Warrenville Napperville area is deep water. The deepest spot I have found is around 6 or 7 feet deep. Most of my spots are in the 3 foot range give or take. If you have access to a canoe or kayak take a cruz you will find some nice spots. Then figure out how to get there without a boat. Thats how I did it along with a lot of foot work. I catch tons of fish in the mid to high teens even a couple 20 inchers. They are there you just have to find them. The further south you go the deeper and easier it is to find fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.