ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone doing any good with smelt yet? Has the 'run' come and gone? Or was there not one? Please let me know! ><//////*>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Isn't it frustrating!!!!
Worst year ever!!!
No one is reporting anything....
Either they ran in March or we may still
have a chance late April?????
Zebra Mussels - water is too clear and smelt
are too spooky.....my $0.02

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard that a bunch of buddies from work went out earlier in the month to get some smelt and drink beer. They bought their net and their bucket. They started catching and when they had a least one per person they each grabbed one and began to bite the heads off.(they claim this is a tradition). The guy next to them wanted to see how they were doing, seeing that no one else was catching much, so he walked over to them. My buddies were bragging that they were doing great. They guy looked in the bucket and realized that these poor fellows were actually biting the heads off some alwives. YUM YUM! We are still laughing at them. At least their hearts were in the right place! Just thought I share that we you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is a late report, cause of computer problems. Saturday nite we were out at 31st street and ended up with 38 smelt. Northeast winds were pounding us. One dipnetter out there was in there 30's too. The south side of the pier,close to shore is where everybody was. Eight people that was , but everybody left with at least 2 dozen of smelt. It doesnt sound like much but something is better than nothing. good luck out there CCC

·
Registered
190 Posts
1st. time out this year went to Mont. 1st. pull 8 smelt ended up with 35. Not many other people getting many. See how the LAST weekend goes.Just need enough for ICEN some Monster Pike next season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts