ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never been to braidwood before, but would love to celebrate the event. Is shore fishing an option, I mean a fruitful option, Or should I be heading to Lasalle?
regards, truce.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Truce,
I was the one who was at LaSalle last week and had to ride what seemed to be a bike- a- thon to get to the hot water. Braidwood is nice because there is a launch on the Hot side and the cool side. To get to the hot side, take Rt 53 South to Kankakee Rd ( in the sprawling town of Godley) which leads to the hot side. The cool side is off Cemetery Road in Braidwood itself. I have had great luck at Braidwood in the past, but last year the temps got very hot, like 120 degrees hot. A lot of Shad died, and some bass. I think there still are lots of bass to be had, just follow the water temps. I plan on taking my girls out in the afternoon. We will shore fish the hot side, and there is miles of Rip Rap to choose from. With all these lakes opening, I think its time to get the boat ready! Get ready to catch a mess of pesky little cats. They are rampant on this lake. Good Luck!

PS: If you do launch a boat in Braidwood, and are unfamiliar with the lake, make sure you have an insurance policy on your boat, because the topography is unlike any other lake. Buy a map, and exercise caution. This lake is a prop shops wet dream.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks man, I did see you with that bike, with two wheels instead of one at the rear? :smile: Now I am very excited about braidwood and am planning to go there tomorrow, hmm another 150+ mile round trip, but will be worth it, if I catch atleast one fish :smile: I am so greatful for the route info, I will definitely like to go to the hotside. Well best of luck to you and the gals,
tight lines(truce)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did they reduce the size of fishable water at Braidwood by moving the marker or putting up a net/fence? Thanks, MikeC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts