ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Wow... I can see how this is going to work...

90 people paid their back child support to get their hunting or fishing license..

Cudos to them, but it shouldnt have taken them that long in the first place.

88 opted not to pay, and now do not have a hunting or fishing license..

But do you think it will stop them from fishing or hunting?

NOT A FREAKING CHANCE! They wont even pay to support their own kids!!!!

So now there are 88 more people roaming the state hunting and fishing without a license.. Taking "their share" of the valuable resources from this state, and contributing nothing in return...

If Blago REALLY wanted to do something about it, he would REVOKE ALL DEADBEATS DRIVING PRIVLAGES AND LICENSE REGISTRATIONS! ( this should include boat and motorcycle registrations.)

A few other things should be done as well.. like witholding IDES payments, Illinois income tax refunds, Illinois lottery winnings, and so on...

But this is just my opinion.. You actual opinions may vary.. lol

Rich T

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you Hooked for life but this is a start. You are right, if a dead beat parent won't pay child support or alimony, they probably don't care about not being able to get a hunting/fishing license.

I won't give my opinion of the gov because I did not put this up so it turns into a political thing. But he is not my govenor. Does that give you a hint about my opinion ;)

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
I thought this had been going on already for several years??? I agree about the driving privledges. Hit em wear it really hurts. National opinion still has IL rated as one of the most regressive state for the whole process. From visitation rights, collection, and where the money goes, the state seems clueless. In this case the women used the 14K to remodel her house. How bout a college fund for your kids? No accountability all the way around. How about a Mom who collects money and uses it to support her drug habit? Who is going to know unless she gets arrested? Not too many checks and balances in IL's system but Blago sure will take the credit for this.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Hooked for life,know a guy that won 100,000 a year or two ago on an instant ticket....Yep,he owed back child support and they took like 75 percent of his winnings ;)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hunden:

That's a great story, about the lottery winnings being hit for back support.
Fantastic!

He still pocketed a nice chunk of change, I bet, and was really p*ssed that his ex and his kids got some of it. You don't fall THAT far behind in support without really committing to doing so.

driving privileges being revoked won't stop folks from driving, by the way.

Every so often there's a news story about folks driving home from their own court appearances, where they know their license is going to be revoked before they show up.

The guy that hit my house with his car, three weeks ago, certainly was not worried about a valid drivers license.

or much else, at the time...

My point being that if they don't care about following any of the other laws stated in this thread (child support, hunting /fishing licenses, etc), they're not going to be too worried about driving legally...

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
What real reason does anyone have to buy a fishing or hunting liscense these days. With the state cutting the budget of the DNR to bare bones, there will be nothing left to enforce any laws. With that being said, I went yesterday and bought the full sportsman liscense. Everything for hunting and fishing. 48 bucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts