ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out for south ubin Fri am, mostly for a hiking/get acquainted trip before the bass show up.I understand the crappie may be hitting(?), any chance of catching anything from shore and I do mean anything(besides ticks)?
I plan on scouting Ponderosa, Monster and a few smaller lakes. One question - Which one is Eagle? Is that the lake behind Ponderosa?
Any other spots I should be scouting?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Too early for ticks. Still a bit early for crappie. Ponderosa is behind Eagle up the one lane road. If you're shorefishing, fishing straight off one of the Ponderosa piers about 50 feet out and on the bottom is good for perch and catfish. It's a long cast to the whole though, and too many boaters going in and out will spoil the bites off the pier. On the shore go west of the piers until you're about 60 feet east of the little channel to the back of the back bay. Try it there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
how do i leave a new post???
On 2002-03-28 15:29, TC wrote:
Heading out for south ubin Fri am, mostly for a hiking/get acquainted trip before the bass show up.I understand the crappie may be hitting(?), any chance of catching anything from shore and I do mean anything(besides ticks)?
I plan on scouting Ponderosa, Monster and a few smaller lakes. One question - Which one is Eagle? Is that the lake behind Ponderosa?
[/quote]

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am going to Mazonia On Sat. What would be my best bet for Bass? THe North or South? I will be fishing by Canoe so i will be able to get to some of the more primitive lakes. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
75 Posts
http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt/PA ... %20Map.jpg
You can find a map here

On 2002-03-28 15:29, TC wrote:
[/quote]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, thanks Strohs. Great site for maps
I doubt if youy'll find any bass this early though.
Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts