ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone! Let me begin by introducing myself. I am Captain Gintas of ANGLER CHARTERS, Chicago. This end of Lake Michigan has been my Playground for over 35 years with so many fishing options available to those who are in the loop. In the early days Dean Mitchel Hot water discharge (Nipsco) was World Class Winter fishing for Browns, Cohos, Steelies, Walleye, everything really. Once the Lake froze up real good the Hot water was the only open water around so naturally it was THE SPOT to go! It's gone, like Com Ed/State Line Discharge) which was the Winter home of many fish, including the massive Shad Schools that were visible from a long way off. These fish now search for new Winter stomping grounds where there is comfortable water. Gary Light is one of those spots. It's not accessible now for the "Hard Water" reasons. I have been Chartering on Lake Michigan, Belmont Harbor, for 25 years and do that for a Full-time job. My fun though has been the Winter Fishing, not ice fishing, but Stream and Creeks of Michigan, Indiana, and Wisconsin. I do video fishing reports now, but for last 15 years my pics and unique reports are posted with critical info about, how?, When? Why? not Where? because everyone has an area they know well that can provide similar conditions/action once the basics are learned and kept up with. "Teach a man to fish"...
Now the ice has covered all my Streams with ice. Last week I found a tiny sliver of open water in a Creek, which I opened some more, and quickly caught 5 nice Cohos! Bobber and Skein, or Bobber, Crappie Jig and Waxies Next week it will warm up, melt, push water to the Mouth and blow out some ice! Gold Mine!! Whitefish, Cohos, Browns, Steelhead, Walleye, Pike,...Bottom fishing with slip weights (my rig is posted in my video archive) Skein and Wax Worms are primary baits. Be safe! Stay tuned for Videos on this Site too. All Summer my reports are usually daily with Big Pond Tricks and Clues along with VIDEO!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts