ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be spending the weekend of Oct. 20-21 in St. Joseph, MI celebrating 5 years with the girlfriend (she likes wine so we are hitting up some wineries in the area). If the weather looks good, we'll drag the kayaks up there if I can find us a good small river/creek to hit up.

I know the St. Joseph river is there but that looks pretty big and developed, I also see another river that comes in from the north. Does anyone know how the north river is or of any smaller tributaries in the area? I'm looking for something scenic and if there happens to be trout/salmon around, I'll definitely be packing a pole and some choice lures/skein.

Also, if anyone is familiar with the area and has hotel recommendations or hot spots to check out, I'd appreciate the info.

Let me know, thanks guys.

Joe

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Joe,

The St Joe river is actually VERY low. May not be too bad to hit. If she likes wineries, head up 94 to the 60 mile exit. Turn left into Paw Paw. There are two wineries just down on the left. The big one has tours. The smaller one, Warner I believe, has a great guy there for tasting. He is extremely versed on wine and grapes in that area. There is an excellent little quaint restaurant there too in Warners. There is a small trout stream running Southwest out of the town that has trout I believe. Its a great town, and only 30 minutes to the East.

Enjoy!!

Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.