ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I’d take advantage of the excellent weather and got out to fish the State Line plant with JTuna. We were on the water by 7:30 and were off by 10:15. The lake was flat and there weren’t as many boats as we expected and the fishing was excellent. We ended the day with a two-man limit of five browns, one steelhead and the balance Coho. The hottest bait was Rapala’s new J9 broken back Brown Trout, which picked up fifty percent of the fish. The balance were picked up on 00 orange action dodgers with a green crinkle fly and SR7 Shad Raps in the gold or shad colors. The boards had most of the action. We ran a fifteen to twenty five foot stretch behind the boards and about 50 feet out from the boat. When we pulled out we walked over to the guy’s power lining and most of them had fish. Overall lake water temp was 38 and the water had about a one-foot visibility.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Looks like I went the wrong way! Ship canal and Buffington were VERY slow! Most boats got few to none. I got 2.

·
Registered
85 Posts
ARE YOU IN A GREEN JOHN BOAT AND TOLD US WHAT TO USE AS YOU WERE PULLING OUT? WE HAD NO LUCK AFTER THAT AND ONLY LANDED MONSTER SHAD BY THERE BACKS. WE ALSO SAW NOONE CATCHING ANYTHING SO WE DIDN'T FEEL SPECIAL. BUT THANKS FOR THE ADVISE ANYWAY AND GLAD IT WAS GOOD FOR YOU. SEE YOU AGAIN OUT THERE.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No we were the guy's in the gold tri-hull. When you find the shad move just to the outside of them and you will start picking up salmon and trout.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Did you have to pay for the launch? I think it starts to hurt the pocket book next week? If you launched out of Cal Park. Was at the ditch and had some action but it took a while.
Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WSJ_Outdoorsman, there was nobody there yet to collect money. I believe your right it's next week. Have you heard what it's going to run us to launch this year?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Marc
I think its going to be 18.00 but not sure. I have not launched there in a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts