ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished from 9:30 - 4:00. caught 2 coho's and lost a few more. caught them on a white lipless crank. i saw a guy pull in a nice brown trout as well. what are these silver fish that are thrown on the rocks? sheepshead, herring?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
^^ He's right...shad. And what I'm about to say is not a rant at the original poster. To my knowledge, there's absolutely no reason not to throw them back. Not to mention that they're not usually being caught by the hook & bobber anglers there. If you go there between late November and now and try to use anything with treble hooks, you will foul hook the shad. There are literally so many there that you can't see through them when you look into the water. It's fun for a while, they fight like maniacs. I have no issues with that. But if people are going to do it, put 'em back. I had the s__t scared out of me one morning. I was there by myself, before sunrise, and a 35-40 pound racoon came up behind me to get one of the fish that had been left behind. Plus, a little later in the year, if they're still there, they really start to stink. I just don't want that spot to become yet another place no one can use because they locked the gates. It is private property, after all. Thank you. Have a nice day! :-D

·
Registered
106 Posts
As it happens gotfish, I was out with calling in sick before out there, and we throw everything back that we catch. It smells terrible there already, and it will only get worse. We left after a short time because all we were doing was foul hooking them. But I agree with gotfish, throw them back or give them to the bucket people, it is nasty enough already.

Marty

·
Registered
9 Posts
i was also fishing with calling in sink and partymarty and it is not fun fishing like that always foulhooking and it does smell already plus you have to step over all the dead fish on the rocks just throw 'em back or eat 'em DONT LEAVE THEM ON THE ROCKS

also hey calling in sink and partymarty you guys SUCK at fishing i out fished you asses that day plus i pulled in a 14lbs 3oz carp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts