ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how the fishing is on this lake. What kind of fish are in there? Any info on the lake would be appreciated such as structure or max depth. Thanks, King

·
Registered
842 Posts
Is this the Sterling Lake in Lake County? It's been a while since I have fished there but supposedly they have a good bass, catfish, panfish and walleye populations in there. I think there is even musky in that lake. The bridge area was always a pretty popular spot.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This lake has produced three 48"+ musky that I know of in the past two years. Which means this year they are 50". All the fish I heard caught were also released. The bass population is doing alright with decent numbers of small fish(9-13"). The walleye were restocked two years ago 3-5" fingerlings, but with the large pike and musky population and recent declines in walleye population and quality of size. Walleye are few and far between.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.