ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else saw the ad for the Braxton Seafood Grill in Oak Brook?
Their claim is the following: "premium aquatic cuisine has found it's destination"
The ad shows what looks like a teenager holding up a 14" Largemouth which is cradled in his palms. I just found it extremely odd that an upscale seafood joint that says "Atlantic. Pacific. Oakbrook." in it's ad would feature a Largemouth :)26
I hope meat fisherman or others riding the fence, don't see the pic and think to themselves "hmmm maybe I should eat more bass :)27 .

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Didn't see the ad but did see a tank full of 1 1/2 lb largemouths in the window of a restaurant in China town yesterday. I'm gonna call a buddy of mine with the Conservation Police to see how legit that is.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
ja-knee-sea said:
Smallies are better... Especially the little ones.........

O-boy 8:)
Especially if you get them before about the middle of June.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
MMMMMMMMMMm Smally Smallies. Use a throw net in late fall when the fry are about 2 1/2 inches long. Get 'em home and into the blender with flour and make mini fish balls !

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
big saw said:
MMMMMMMMMMm Smally Smallies. Use a throw net in late fall when the fry are about 2 1/2 inches long. Get 'em home and into the blender with flour and make mini fish balls !
bigsaw: Isn't it you who told me you prefer your big Geneva Smallies {18"+} fried in butter with onions :cry: . I'm glad you were joking, you were joking right? TELL ME YOU WERE JOKING... AHHHHHHH.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts