ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a beautiful Day. First of all I would like to thank George LiddleSr., for helping me get my New Ranger 520 DVX rigged this past week. Plus his companionship today just to be there if I should have any problems with my new rig on her maiden voyage today. We hit the water around 10:45 AM this morning putting in at Calumet Harbor. Off we went, heading east running the Mercury 225 Optimax at the recommend brake-in RPM's. The lake was like glass for most of the day, but a bit cold at times. By 1 PM we pulled into Clear Creek in New Buffalo Michigan. How's about A burger & a beer George? Tied the boat off and walked up the street to Casey's Bar and Grill. The burgers hit the spot but the beer was welcome too. Wish I would have had two, but didn't. Not going to be one of those numbers out on the big pond. Back out on the water by 2:30 PM and made the mouth of the Port of Indiana in 35 minutes still running the brake-in R's. The South wind picking up which put a ripple on the lake. Looked at the brake-time on the onboard computer read out tells me 2 hours plus so out came a few rods.

Hopped around in the Port for about 30 minutes with only two sisco shad back hooked by George. Out of the Port and west bound stopping here and there with no results until we stopped inside of Inland Steel. Bam, Boom, Pow. Played around in there till 6:40. Over fifty or so smallies, miss a whole lot more too. Was one of those day? Right time and place. Almost every cast? Loads of shorts, but fun. Had at least ten over three pounds and three, at or over four pounds. Best six would have been over twenty pounds. Water temp. was around 52, fish the wind blown ridges, drop-offs, and brakes. Mixed bag of baits. Cranks, and tubes for George with his two bigger fish coming on the crankbait. Me, you know most time its the tube for me. Why change when its working? Right? Put back to back fours in the boat with the tube.

"Go early, Stay late, Be safe."
Edward D. Bohn

·
Registered
197 Posts
gee ed, thanks for making me feel like crap for having to attend a family function, instead of fishing. when i saw the weather and wind reports, i just had a feeling that it was going to be a good day...for those that COULD get out. sounds like you had a blast out there, thanks for letting us know...my turn thursday (and probably be a high of 45 with drizzel, 30 mph east winds and waves to 9 feet....)later. dave h

1 - 2 of 2 Posts