ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

surprised

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
i didnt know there were crappies at lake michigan. Man these 2 guys were catching it left and right. The bucket was full of crappies on minnows and float. They were fishing at belmont harbor. Man i wish we can really fish those harbor the fish hang out there a lot.

#2 ·
anon-you should go try diversey or chicago harbor. you could fish the whole west wall of chicago harbor, i think that is close to a mile of wall. diversey has quite few area's you can access too and i don't think anyone will give you any grief if your fishing there. good luck and thanks for keeping us posted.

#3 ·
On 2002-03-20 18:16, skitterpop wrote:
anon-you should go try diversey or chicago harbor. you could fish the whole west wall of chicago harbor, i think that is close to a mile of wall. diversey has quite few area's you can access too and i don't think anyone will give you any grief if your fishing there. good luck and thanks for keeping us posted.

When you fish those walls, how do you bring the big fish up the wall?

#4 ·
the walls are not very high, say 4 feet from the water to the top (maybe less) unless your using 4lb test and you catch a 4+, you shouldn't have a problem. i'm not familar with the northern most corner of the wall so i can't say for sure if it starts out at 4ft by the shed aquarium and ends up being 10 feet in the north west corner. i do know that when you are standing at the southern end of that eastern wall you can see for about a 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile north and it looks to be very level. if it wasn't going to be so cold tomorrow i was going down there to give it a try for an hour or so. at this time, i don't need further lessons in futility. when i hear it's gong to be a HIGH of 28 tomorrow, i can take a pass and wait for better days. see ya. dave h

#5 ·
Every year, there are reports of underwater camera views of all the diverse game species in the harbors. As far south as 95th st., I have had 2 northerns take a swipe at a 1 1/2 pound smallie right at the boat. Maybe some day we can all enjoy fishing the harbors unharrassed.

G
#6 ·
Maybe some day we can all enjoy fishing the harbors unharrassed.
...And maybe some day we wont have to pay income taxes, but I'm not gonna hold my breath for either! It's just the nature of the Beast my friend!

Burnham Harbor also has some beautiful crappies' but unless you know the "Where When & How" they are as hard to catch as a 95th St. Walleye

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.