ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought him a "cars" fishing pole...I can't wait. He is excited too, but like other 2.5 year olds, attention span not so good.

I know that I might only get 30 minutes, maybe even less before he needs something else to do. Any good places to fish for the simple bluegills -- where close is also a park for kids to play on?

Hopefully something close to the 88/59 area, thanks head of time for the ideas!

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I was out with my five year old daughter last night at a lake very very near there and we caught 91 Crappie, 9 bluegill, and 4 bass, one nearly 3 pounds in about 4 hours. The action was nonstop. PM me for details.

·
Registered
82 Posts
There's a pond I can think of that way on Winfield Road north of CDH. I think they are winfield park district. I'm sure you could get into some panfish there and hit the park as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nephews

Good Luck & Good Fishing
I took my nephew fishing when he was ten years old, now I'm taking his boys fishing.
It's great being an uncle, your nephew will remember these days and you will gain a fishing partner.
FishingVest
p.s If the fishing is slow, don't worry, he may become more interested with the worms, birds, etc. at the park.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Has a play lot, and loaded with gills

Barth Pond at Patriots Park
55th and Fairview, Downers Grove, IL

·
Administrator
4,273 Posts
carpislife said:
Has a play lot, and loaded with gills

Barth Pond at Patriots Park
55th and Fairview, Downers Grove, IL
If you do go there, fish very close to the shoreline, no more than 30' (most fish within the first 15') out. Small hooks, small float set just off the bottom and all the gills you could want. Bring some bread crumbs, moisten them a bit and toss a few table spoons out at a time to keep them feeding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts