ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
The stuff works. I spray it on my line right on the spool, and my line guides. You will notice a slight increase in casting distance once you do this. Reapply as needed. Baitcasting or spinning, I've noticed a small improvement. Mono, Flouro, and Braid.

D

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
I also use the KVD spray, I took a spool that had the line coiled while it was coming off (I didn't spool it!) I stretched the line and sprayed it with the KVD spray, let dry and the line came off the spool perfect after that.

Good product and it doesn't have silicon in it like I believe the reel magic does so the dirt and grime won't stick to it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
yah the kvd is way better one thing i saw on this site that is funny not long ago a guy made a post about the drop and stay rig and how much he loved it ,next day i se a drop and say banner on the left of the site
REEL MAJIC is junk and the oil degrades your line and grimes your reels up. I used it years ago because bill dance was using it the stuf is a total disaster .

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'll second(or third) the KVD product, works great. I have used Reel Magic, it was fine for me, never had a problem with it gunking up my line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.