ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Tampier today after school. Fished from 1:00 till 4:30. My fifth cast landed an 18inch Walleye, but the only problem was the walleye had been dead for at least a week. Scared the hell out of me as I thought I had snagged a log. Later on I caught a 13inch bass and that was it. Lots of people out not catching anything.
Chris Taglieri

G

·
Here's a little "Tampier Secret" (that I can't beleive I'm sharing) you don't want to fish deep at Tampier for Walleye's, they suspend on this lake, you won't find them much deeper than 4 ft deep ANYWHERE on the lake, this isn't to say they wont be in an area where it's twelve ft deep but that they wont be deeper than four, the reason for this is the lakes oxygen content, it seems that there just ain't enough below that level for the walleye's, you may "mark fish" on your graph that are hugging the bottom but these are probably cats or carp, if your fishing in a boat try trolling or throwing shallow diving crank baits that look like shad. If your shore fishing try floating the biggest leeches you can find under a slip float set at about 4 ft. you may not catch them every time out, but your odds will greatly improve!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.