ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know as I approach my two dozenth post I just realized how much I've come to dig this site. Not just for the gobs of fishing information I've been able to amass over the last week or two, but about how it is not typical of many other forums I have joined over the years (subjects mostly involving trucks, motorcycles, guitars/music, and raising cichlids are all forum categories I have been involved in).

Many other forums have post counters (guys who've bragged that they've posted thousands of times just to post), guys who brag about being topic killers, people who put people down for not hunting through old topics to get information, people who put others down to make themselves look better, and people who are just plain rude. There's also the B.S.ers and braggarts on most boards, but what fisherman doesn't have some of that in them?

I have been big on fishing my whole life (haven't necessarily been good, but really enjoy it), and many/most of my friends don't get it. I have tried explaining it to them, and this site is a perfect example as to why I refer to fishing as the perfect sport.

1. It can be an individual sport. You vs. the world, to see who's the best. This site allows you to report in and compete against others.

2. It can be a team sport. You and your buddy/buddies against the world. This is once again the place to report in against the competition.

3. I'd say nine out of ten fisherman do what they can to help out other fisherman. It's rare to see someone who tries to hold others down and not help them get better, and succeed. So far this has been a great place for that.

4. You can do it at your own pace and schedule.

5. Even when/if you don't catch anything the peace and quiet is really relaxing.

Anywho, thanks again for the help so far. I hope I can return the favor(s) the best I can as I stick around.

-Joe

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Amen brother :)2 .

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Thanks Joe, although keeping the rif-raf down to a minimum is kinda easy, Tubes77 likes helping people that cause trouble find the door ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sawboy said:
Raising cichlids eh?
Nice tank, mine is all Mbunas except for two haps and a pleco, but only thirty gallons. I picked cichlids because they are closely related to and look a lot like bass and sunfish.

Sometimes I think of tying some line to a small lure and having them grab at it. The other day they got a treat of some leftover waxies from fishing, that was entertainment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts