ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After watching national news last week with flooding in Mo and Ar I decided to contact my host at Fish and Fiddle Resort, Lake Norfork.

I returned from Norfork March 17. The next day Mnt. Home had 12" of rain.
The lake level rose 17' in 24 hour period.( 571) My host spent many hours cranking his floating dock and peir to keep up with rising water level. In adddition to building and placing new walk ways to dock.

It will take 2 months of normal power plant generation to bring lake level back to average spring level. (554)

Suprisingly the bite was off for only a day. Striper and lmb fishing is excellant.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lake Norfork condition

I returned from our annual trip to Lake Norfork a day early last week. I came home on Friday the 4th of April after a week of getting skunked & stormed on.The water that you can usually see the bottom in 15-20 feet was reduced to 6" of visibility.In addition the lake rose another 6' while we were there. We stayed at Teal Point wich is well up the lake from Fish & Fiddle. The only good day was when my wife and I went fly fishing on the White river. We caught 25 Rainbows between us and kept some for the smoker. As of today the Lake is at 581.18 :eek: That means it is above flood pool and at some point they may open the flood gates atop the dam.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.