ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there's no reason to be there. Save yourself the trip. Leave your 18' poles and your softball sized bobbers at home. There's no carp, there's nothing. There's absolutely no fish in this region. I actually have heard people coming down with infectious diseases just by going near the water. Save yourself. No reason to come there and leave your garbage all over the place, or tie your annoying dogs to trees while you drink your cheap beer and piss in the bushes. Consider this a favor. Knowledge like this doesn't come very often.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sounds like the fishing is either pretty good? Or you just don't want others to spoil it for the future. I pick the later. Water temps are not right yet. Your right about the slobs that decend on the area public locations that spoil it for the rest though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fishing is horrible. It's never going to be enjoyable because the place will most likely get closed down due to people tearing the place apart.

·
Registered
205 Posts
SS said:
The fishing is horrible. It's never going to be enjoyable because the place will most likely get closed down due to people tearing the place apart.
If it was so horrible I wouldn't think you would be this passionate about it. I think I found my new fishing spot, thanks ss

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it was so great, I'd probably keep it to myself like every other person would on this forum. I don't bother fishing because the 20 people out there don't catch anything, and there's no damn room to fish anyways.

It's like there's some underground foreign message board where all the non English speaking people talk about what fishing spot to turn into a shit hole.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Was there on thursday,a complete train wreck...Saw a couple of guys eat their lunch and left the bags and containers right there when they left.Told my partner if otto was smart they would shut it down for the season.

·
Registered
151 Posts
And to think they wouldn't even give me a pass to park my car there last year. I don't bring any garbage and i certainly don't leave any. I put my waders on, get in the water and fish. I just need a place to park my car. What a shame. I thought Otto watched that area like a hawk considering the request form I had to fill out for the parking permit. It was denied on account that I don't live in the area. I wonder if those leaving their trash live in the area.
I still stick to my thought that there are just too many people in this world.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
I'm with you ElPescador, I have a pass for there and have had it for years, got it when they first started that.
I guess when Otto's first bought the property.
It's overrun by folks that just don't care about passes and no tresspassing signs. :roll:
There's plenty of other places to fish on the river without putting up with that kind of crap.

I'll stop by if I haven't seen Bob (one of the good ol' boys) in a while.
Those who fish there with any regularity would know him.

·
Registered
882 Posts
There is also some parking on one of the side streets...can't remember the name of the street offhand. Thats where I've always parked when I've fished there.

Thats an interesting part of the river and can be good at times, but not nearly good enough too merit the pressure it gets. Like the other guys said, there are alot of other great spots....some of them not too far away.

Spots like that remind me of why I'm a little discreet in my posts.

·
Registered
450 Posts
oh this brings back some memories from the past ...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Parking isn't enforced, at least not the past 6 years I've lived and fished in this area. There used to be a sign that stated Fishing with Permission Only, but that isn't enforced either. DNR comes down often to check things out; that's about as far as it goes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I get tired of picking up all the crap down there and don't stop by as often(I caught the last fish) A week ago last saturday about 5 dnr boys were down there rounding "them"up. I know the state made $ that day and maybe a few had to go south.
:)36

A friend of that "bob"

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
payaraman said:
A friend of that "bob"
Hey! That's why I recognize the name payaraman, I believe we met there one time.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Glad to hear the dnr guys are going down there,always wondered about that. :)2

1 - 20 of 27 Posts