ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to head out this weekend, but am not sure where to go. Both times out we only bagged one little coho each time. Should I focus on the southern end around Inland Steel, downtown off of Burnham, or have the fish moved as far north as Winthrop Harbor? Also, has this weeks weather prevented the water from clearing up? Last Saturday the visibility was only about 6 inches. I'm trying to figure out if I should fish the lake or try my luck on the Illinois for sauger.

WalleyeGuy

·
Registered
92 Posts
Southern end is where I'll be.Somwhere within running distance of Pastrick.Dean Mitchell,Inland, Buffington or Gary Light. Actions been good last three weekends for us.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Montrose Harbor in the afternoon has been hot. The morning's not bad if you have a west wind, but the afternoon is good reguardless. Over the last week I have done real well using krockadiles, cleo's (chartrouse and silver) and last 2 days on a silver rooster with white bodie. I stopped this morn for just a few minutes and hooked up on a 9 lb. brown. I will be out all day tomorrow and all night drinking smelt. HeHeHe. Just look for the guy releasing all the browns and cooking all the coho's and smelt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am going to troll from New Buffalo to my home dockage in Michigan City tomorrow. I heard all the Chartes limited out today and saw a guy walking from the pier with 7 2-4 pounders.

I will have 4 16 year olds on board tomorrow so hopefully the action will be quick or the will bore easily.

New to this forum but always looking for fellow fishermen.

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts