ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be fishing at clinton this sunday from a boat and wondering what areas of the lake may be my best bet. I am out to catch the best thing that is biting, unless that is a bluegill or drum. I know sonarman was going on friday and I would like to know how he did and what tactics he used, if he pleases to tell me. I also know crayphish is a veteran at clinton and knows alot so hopefully he can share some info with me. All i want is to catch some fish, any type, so please point me in the right direction. I will post a report sunday evening sometime.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Just got back we got seven keeper crappie we fish the west side of the lake. The crappie I got where 12ft deep the water temperture was about 65 in some spots. We where using minnows. We put in at the west access ramp.On the Clinton Lake map section #8 the north cove is where I fish

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sonarman on 2002-04-19 20:45 ]</font>

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nice Job Sonar!

I've got an Physics final comming up, and some damn Macromedia seminars, so I can't hit Clinton until mid may.

How was the wind out there firday?

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
What wind both my wife and I got sun burn. The water was like glass. The west Parking lot only had Five spots open. It was a great day to be on the water not work. Good Fishing

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey sonarman did u find any crappies or hear if anyone else was catching crappies in any other areas. I hear they are going around looking for places to spawn so if they arent in one spot id like to find another without searching all day for them.

Thanks again,
jason

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
We got at the lake about 11:00AM and sum guys where heading in and told me fishing was slow, thier got one and lost it. I did"t hear any one catching alot of fish. I hope the e-mail I send you we help you out. I usally do good on the west side of the lake, even get some catfish now and them.

Good Fishing

Sonarman

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sonarman on 2002-04-20 18:59 ]</font>

·
Registered
461 Posts
shoulda been there thursday. but with the front work REAL tight to cover in 6-12 feet of water about half way down whatever depth your fishing. give them meat or some loud color. we nailed them thursday-friday pre front. averaged 11" fish but those succes rates are gone with the front. but you should still catch fish. work slow and TIGHT to cover. stay warm.

cray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts