ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this is my first post as I am a new member. I have been reading your posts for a bit now but have not taken the time to sign up until now. I used to fish the state park and wilmington dam about 18 years ago with my grandfather and I have lots of great memories from there. Last year I started fishing it again and spent many days out there wading and exploring with my hot spots map. What an awesome place to fish, I cant believe its taken me this long to get back here. Anyway Im planning on getting out early saturday morning and tossing some jigs in the state park or wilmington dam area. Its supposed to be in the upper 30's on sat. but I need to get out of the house! Reading the other posts it seems people have been catching a few walleyes and some drum but, is it too cold for the smallies yet? Any info will help.

-tight lines gentlemen!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have been to the river at the statepark 5 out of the last 6 days. Managed to get 3 smallies using some wooly buggers I tied. The smallie fishing isn't great yet but I don't think it is to cold.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fished the mouth of the creek and did ok, the level is a bit high and the water temp was 43 Saturday evening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts