ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody new poster here but I've been fishing the dupage area my whole life.

I've been getting almost bored of Largemouths/catfish/bluegill and I'm trying to get into something different.

I hit the fox quite a few times below the batavia dam trying to get into some smallmouth walleye and maybe a lucky pike or muskie but it haven't caught much.
I caught a lucky pike at blackwell on a crappie jig and I caught another one at pratts wayne but both of them where caught after about 4-5 hours of nothing.

So does anybody now of any decent spots where I can target Pike and not just hope to get lucky? I'm not asking for anybodys honey hole just a spot that holds pike.

Thanks

· Registered
22 Posts
RonG's right. If you're looking for pike you should hit the Des Plaines. It's harder than it used to be since they took out the dams but they're still plentiful. I use buzz baits & jigs with spinners & twister tails. There's a lot of hammer handles but some big ones too. Good luck!

· Registered
5 Posts
Des plaines is the spot for northern's all my fishing buddies and old timers call me crazy when I say that but it's true , I have caught 22" to 35" in there don't be afraid to go down the wood line and walk the river bring bug spray FYI , use jigs and spinners , good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.