ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Once again Canada did not disappoint. Well over 500 walleye and 200 small mouth were caught between 2 guys in 6 days, and this was the first time we went through the flat of worms and almost 2lbs. of leeches. Walleye were caught on cranks, jigs, and bottom bouncers. The smallies were caught on top water Skitter Pops and jigs. We lost 12 Skitter Pop's to the pike bite offs, but that seems to happen every year. Enjoy the pics.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Nice fish. Sounds like a great trip.:)2:)2:)2:)2

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
-

Beautiful Eyeballs!! Jig and a minnow? Love the livewell shot :cool:. When were you there?

A couple G$ trip fairly close estimate these days or more?

Oh how I miss my trips to Canada. It's been a long time, drive to Canora, fly in for a week stay Oak Lake Lodge back then it was $1200.

Moneys not the object, its finding the time to go with everything else going on. Congrats on your outstanding getaway.

Thanks for refreshing post and sharing the wonderful photos :)2

-

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
-

Good morning 71r.. Came back for a second and third look see.

Man those are great photos! I like to focus on all the aspects of the photos, the scenic background is just breath taking nothing like Canada or Alaska for that matter.

Thanks again for the post and photos guy.

-

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We were using 1 ounce bottom bouncers and single hook spinners with either leech and worm. We just got back on Sat. the 4th from Rainy Lake. We didn't realize the date on the camera was wrong till we got home.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No problem Pete. We had the whole area of the lake to ourselves and not once did we see another boat fishing. My brother and I can't see going to another lake with the set up we have on Rainy.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Nice pics Rich !
Good to see you posting again.

Let's wet a line soon :)2

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We will Glenn. The crappies are biting on the Big D again so we might have to take a day off for that. I need a week to decompress after that trip though... It's hard to get excited fishing around here after fishing in Canada. Hey Peter, the trip was around $1000 for the week. The cost to fish Ontario really hasn't gone up since the gas prices are down.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
-

Thanks I really thought it would be much more $cratch.

So you drove there Rich, trailered your rig there? What was that a 12 hr drive the border ay?

I give you a lot of credit, Man no matter the reward I'm not sure I could do a 12 our hike like that...

Last time, and I did it twice (check the archive, we did it with a RV trailing a boat) I did the Tuna fishing trip to the Gulf (18 hrs) I said no mas on the long hauls, rather fly and kick back. So yeah I get it. I understand some one going driving a few times and enjoying it.

Don't misunderstand the desire is there its the time that isn't :)28

I enjoyed the post again thanks for sharing. Stay well

-

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Great fish and super pics. One **** of a trip.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We did trailer the boat, and it took 9-1/2 hours up there and 9 hours back. They have a bypass in Eau Claire now and there was no construction the entire way up. Not to mention 90 is awesome West of Randall Rd. 3 lanes and 70 mph.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
-

ttt

Fun to see these Eyeballs. Love it maaaaan :)28

-

I agree. Everything said not to bad for that fishing, living life, reward relaxing on the water, enjoying your favorite hobby experience. Cool.

Maybe someday when my schedule frees up I might consider heading N like that on a more than 5 hr excursion...

-

1 - 16 of 16 Posts