ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What an Easter morning,Went out to DesPlaines river in Lyons,Caught a 19-1/2 inch walleye and a 29 inch pike. It was nice to see how the river has come along way since fishing it since I've been a kid. I did the catch picture and release. I hope others will enjoy catching them as much as I did in the future. But try to release the nice fish like that so more and more people can enjoy the kind of fishing we all enjoy. I think it's a wonderful thing to have a fishery like this in my backyard.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hey we want to see pictures! Did you catch those pike at the toilet bowl past the Barrypoint bridge? Great to hear of your success.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what kind of bait were u using when u caught the pike and walleye ive been going by the riverside part i heard there was a hole over there i havent caught a single thing on live bait or artificial so could u tell me some good baits to use thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes JB I have pictures of the walleye & pike. I'm going to get extras made and post one at Midwest Gun shop in Lyons. Bigdog I was fishing down past the small dam. I was using a small orange jointed rapala. Casting it out and retreived it slow. That was a wonderful Easter morning. I'm heading back down there today. Well good luck all, And maybe see you down at the river (toilet bowl ) as JB says, Just remember to catch photo and release so we all can enjoy the fun down there for years to come. I'll give a report today after I get back today. And another reminder to all that reads this clean up after yourself down there I can't believe all the garbage down there. So make it a habit to pick up after your finished fishing. I'll be down there to help with the clean up this year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went down to the river on Saturday and got a few good hits. Thats about all I can report for today. I'll be back down there this week to try again. Good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone wanting to see a picture of the walleye & pike, I posted one at Midwest guns in Lyons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts