ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walleyes are just starting to show on the fox first dam in Wisconsin. One 26 and several between 15-19 inches. Eat cheeks along with the eye fry. GLGF Fin

G

·
when does the 28" size limit restriction end on the Fox near that dam? Caught 2 at 20" last weekend and 1 huge carp. Hooked something that kept pulling drag. Never did see it, hook straightened out on the jig and the fish was gone. I'm guessing big carp or catfish.

G

·
Oops, can't edit as anonymous, maybe I should register. I'm assuming your talking the Fox River in the Green Bay, WI area. Surface water temp was 33.1 F last Saturday, the week before it was 39 F. We Hooked something that kept pulling drag. Never did see it, hook straightened out on the jig and the fish was gone. I'm guessing big carp (they were in the shallows by the hundreds) or maybe a catfish. Can't get up that way again for several weeks though. I really want to catch a big walleye :smile:

G

·
I want to try the Fox River in Green Bay for some Walleye. Any help in how to get there and where to put a boat in would be appreciated. How strong are the currents? I don't have a big boat.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anonymous,
These were taken north of the Illinois line and north of old wilmont dam on the Fox. They are just starting and should get better every week. Also a nice 8-9lb northern pike and a 2lb smallie. Like you lost one i never saw but felt real healthy. A guy next to us said he landed a big muskie there last week.

G

·
I'd check out lake-link for directions to the fox up near Green Bay WI. Your more likely to get a local to give you accurate directions to the boat launches. I've only fished there once, still wish we saw what my brother hooked into, that fish was big whatever it was. anyway I hear the walleye are running on the wolf river now too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have experienced the fight of a large fish that hugs the bottom and is very difficult to land. I hooked one of these denizons on the wolf river near fremont and my partner lowered his aqua view and after several minutes he saw my monster. It was a very big sturgeon and it finally straightened my hook. If sturgeon are in the water they may be the cause of "losing a big one". Sturgeon are found in rivers and their tributaries and adjoining lakes. :)25

1 - 8 of 8 Posts