ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There here seeing some nice females largest 26 inches along with several 15-19 inches. The smaller ones are delicious - Yummy. Don't forget the cheeks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Finatic, are they getting them north of the state park? I've fished the deep bends in the fall with some success. Same areas or are there a few rocky spawning areas to try?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes but if I give exact locations there could be a lot of traffic. Also landed a nice Northern Pike about 31 inches 8-9lbs and a smallmouth about 2lbs. Just using a hook and splitshot with fatheads or large shiners. The best is yet to come.

·
Registered
48 Posts
:)2 Thanks for the info Fiantic. I'll be going out Monday for crappies and walleyes. I'll post report in the evening. Don't give out any exact locations, we work hard to locate these "honey holes". Thanks again.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Finatic - pick up your phone. Check your email. What the heck are you doing up in Cheeseland? Ya might catch someting other than fish.

GLange8 and I are thinking about Erie walleye for early May. Are you and Finatic jr still interested?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amused,
Definitely interested in the Erie trip can you guys email me with the exact date. Work has been crazy have not had enough time to check email. Me and Fin JR let me know. I know how thorough you guys are any chance of getting together for breakfast somewhere and detailing what to bring etc. Good Luck and Good Fishing. Finatic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts