ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to go 1 more time before season closes at the end of February to the St Joes River Michigan (2.5hr trip) on a two man Walleye charter (24' heated John Boat) cost $125per man, $7 day lic plus about $30 gas round trip. With the 1hr time change we fish from about 5:30am until about 12:30pm. We did pretty good a few weeks ago with plenty of bites and one crazy 12lb steel head that finally broke off. We boated plenty of eaters/filets with the biggest being a 24' eye.

Walleyes are staging near the Berrien Springs dam and with the Walleye season ending at month end its a great time to get out and fish. If you never been to this river, its a tremendous fishery with this time of year being "primetime" a very good percentage for a trophy walleye. If by chance anyone wants to go, get a hold of me ASAP so we can talk dates & book it. Thank you.

[email protected]

PS. I also want to take my Ranger 617VS 150 Merc (my boat/your vehicle or visa versa) on a 3 day spring time smallie trip to Dale Hallow and or Sturgeon Bay around Mothers Day. Preferrably weekdays, let me know if you have any interest in (50% approx $300) fishing ><> OoYeah! Lets talk dates and do it!

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anytime Karl. As you noted I'm planning on a couple trips, think about fishing for the smallies in the spring time! Right around the corner, need to send deposits in soon to the Dale Hallow.

For everyone else, I have the 2/29th covered as of yesterday 2/21.

This is our last chance to fish for'm during primetime staging period prior to end of season 3/1 spawning time. With any luck we'll hook what we are after!

Thanks for viewing. Goodnight.

PeterB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts