ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the aforementioned novelty lure and hoping a CLF'er may have one buried in their tackle box. The more beat-up the better. But, any condition is fine because I need this particular lure like yesterday! (Thought I had one!!!) It is for a custom habitat for a possible California State Record Spotted Bay Bass that was released. These lures were the old 80's plastic lures made by Heddon shaped like a Budweiser can. They are semi-collectable but plastic and they made a million of them. I am in fact looking for the Budweiser painted one(s). Will pay $10-$20 apiece for one or more plus shipping (if you're too far from me). Otherwise, I'll make the trip if need be.

While I'm on a roll here, I am also looking for any antique/wooden lures/antique wooden bobbers, etc. that are (again) fairly beat up and not worth that much from a collectors standpoint. But will work great in habitats to help bring back those memories from years gone by. Anything older and fishing related that might be a great accent piece in my customer's habitats - let me know what you have! Prices paid of course would vary on what you have and condition.

Much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
5,974 Posts
I am looking for the aforementioned novelty lure and hoping a CLF'er may have one buried in their tackle box. The more beat-up the better. But, any condition is fine because I need this particular lure like yesterday! (Thought I had one!!!) It is for a custom habitat for a possible California State Record Spotted Bay Bass that was released. These lures were the old 80's plastic lures made by Heddon shaped like a Budweiser can. They are semi-collectable but plastic and they made a million of them. I am in fact looking for the Budweiser painted one(s). Will pay $10-$20 apiece for one or more plus shipping (if you're too far from me). Otherwise, I'll make the trip if need be.

While I'm on a roll here, I am also looking for any antique/wooden lures/antique wooden bobbers, etc. that are (again) fairly beat up and not worth that much from a collectors standpoint. But will work great in habitats to help bring back those memories from years gone by. Anything older and fishing related that might be a great accent piece in my customer's habitats - let me know what you have! Prices paid of course would vary on what you have and condition.

Much appreciated!
Got one. Also have a Schlitz spoon. Cut me a good break on the mount and its yours.

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check your PM 2Sac!

I can use both of these lures Paul, but time is of the essence. Check your PM and please let me know if that's a fair, expedited price - thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,974 Posts
Wait, what mount?
My pivoting 3.5lb smallie mount with the defective crawfish:)21......I caught some 10"+ gills last summer a few are going on the trophy wall and the rest went into the frying pan.

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you 2Sac!

1206 Wales Court
Shorewood, IL 60404

You da man!

THANK YOU!!! This lure is icing on the cake for this particular scene.
Thanks again,
marty

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Next March, you should go to the Rolling Meadows HS flea market. I remember seeing a bunch of lures like you mention, and most were cheap. Time to plan ahead.

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Next March, you should go to the Rolling Meadows HS flea market. I remember seeing a bunch of lures like you mention, and most were cheap. Time to plan ahead.
Good to know - thanks ffishman!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.