ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home from hunting today and seen about 5 or 6 guys fishing from warner bridge..anyone ever fish there? I have fished by rock creek a few times.been hunting out that way for years...Never seen anyone fishing from the bridge....looks like a long way up...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I fish warner bridge regulary since I only live 10 minutes away, but never this time of year. Wading is the best way to go. I usually use jig and minnow and do pretty good with the smallies and the occasional walleye. Just make your way out to the islands and definitly watch those deep holes. But like I said never fished this time of year. This weekend I'm gonna get out and give it a shot. If anyone else has any info. for this time of year i would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thats a great area of the river to fish. I fish it regularly too during the season. Right now when I hit the river I head down to both the dams for the Walleye. There's a few deep holes just down a little ways from both dams that seem to hold a lot of fish now when the river is cold. might be heading down on Saturday. I hear the water is starting to come back up too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The best I can tell ya is its between RT. 102 and RT. 113 on warner bridge road. Not sure what thousand that is. If you are heading west on 102 past the state park, you come to a four way stop, there will be a minimum secirity unit there, hang a left. There are two places to park, 1 on each side of the bridge. Hope this helps. Good Luck and post the results if ya make it out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts