ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an e-mail directing me to http://c-a-b-e-l-a-s-t-o-r-e.c-o-m/ (remove dashes(-) for proper link) in order to receive some free samples for product testing. I sent the link to Cabela's asking if it was a knock off site using their name and they said they are in fact, not associated with them.

If you get an e-mail, I suggest not filling out the form. Googling didn't bring up much information about them.

·
Administrator
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oldgrayfish said:
Thanks for the heads-up, cause if it said cabelas its for sure I would have opened it.
I don't think the page was malicious as in spyware, malware etc. I didn't fill out the form so not sure what would happen if you did :0) Playing the Cabela's 'hook' as the page makes it looks like they are dealing with them.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Sounds like a "phishing" scam.
Their first goal is to get a response from you -confirming your e-mail address for them.
Then they go for the financial information.

·
Administrator
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Raptor said:
Sounds like a "phishing" scam.
Their first goal is to get a response from you -confirming your e-mail address for them.
Then they go for the financial information.
The site is now down :)2 Teach those eejots to target me :)

·
Administrator
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Back up again :)3

Last time they were registered in the good old USA, now they have it registered in the Netherlands? Sent an e-mail to Cabela's customer support.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts