ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The water is very low. This has been reported before but it's getting lower every day. When leaving the ramps keep your motor trimmed up or use the trolling motor until you see it drop off around the point. Also there is a very shallow flat that is about 100-150 yards from the front of the launch and it is about a foot and a half now. Be very careful in these areas. The water look like it's about 3 feet low.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Anyone talked to the DNR folks when there? Took out my skeg and a stainless prop the other day. They should close the lake if it gets any lower. I heard some deep v's were running aground coming out of the launch. WTF?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think they should close the lake. There should be a warning sign at the launch though.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Does anyone know why? And how about filling it up? I was out there yesteday in my bass boat and I had to trim up and was dragging the bottom with the hull right in the middle of the channel getting back in. Is it me, but why lately in IL do they mess with things and then leave it nessed up right in prime time(lasalle now and heidecke still from fall). This state is run by a bunch of morons! It makes me realize even more how much better I like wisconsin for my recreational outdoor activities! The good part is I'll be done with here the start of next month!! :lol:

·
Registered
145 Posts
As Bob mentioned we hit something at idle speed with the motor then when we finally got running the motor malfunctioned at 60 MPH. No idea what's wrong but sounded like lower unit failure. Didn't think we hit bottom hard enough to damage anything, but the timing is sure suspicious. I guess I'll know in a couple weeks. The harbor was bad, but as pointed out, that long flat is 3 FOW at normal pool, and it's nowhere near that deep right now.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thw NW corner of the third pool by the natural shore line. I like that area for largies but now it's 1.5' at best :x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts