ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is late for this report but since I just learnt how to post a report and photos here is what happened yesterday on Goverment pier.Fished on the bottom with dead minnows, had 5 hits caught 3 fish the last one was a little guy that had the hook all the way down, unfortunately I could not release the fish safely, so I kept it. After all not a bad day of fishing considering the windy condition yesterday.Here are the photos

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Nice pics :)2 .

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Perching

Joel,
LMK if you want to get out and do some Perching in waukegan. Sundays and Mondays are my only days off from work. But I get off work at 2 and can launch after 3 any other day. My wife had surgery or I would have gone to the Henry's outing hope you understand. I have Alewives for ya next time I see you and thanks for the shiners.
GLGF
Gary Hunt

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
akilbrid said:
you caught those on the bottom with just weights and dead minnows? Thats a simple method, but appears effective. Would that work around montrose harbor with similar effects?
Have'nt fished Kenosha pier (North side toward the beach area) for a number of years (5 ?), but during the Spring we rigged dead Alewives or Smelt, 2' leed, a 1/2oz., barrel sinker, free spooled our reels, off the bottom, & did well.

But... always during the dark, scary times, when the sun got up to penetrate the shallow water by 6;00/6:30 never had a hit after that. Seemed there are more fish wandering the shallow waters looking for a easy meal when its was dark?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.