ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a very late start - 11:30 AM but did very well anyway. Found lots of 2-3# Coho in 8-12 Fow just South of the Harbor. Best bait: small blue/pearl and green/gold flies 40 ft behind the bird and Yuk spoon 2 LW behind small dipsey at 2 1/2 setting. I believe size of the bait to be most critical as we had no hits on larger flies.
Hootie

G

·
HunterJon is going to want my head on a stick. I'm not going to be able to show my face in Waukegan.

You should have lied to cover me Hootie. LOL

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was out here earlier also found the coho in 20' along with a 12 and 5 king. Also hand one on that pulled out the o ring. I used cranks it really didn't matter what kind they all took fish.:)13 :)13

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Kidder,
I never received any emails. My kids erased your number off my caller id. So sounds like your doing well. Maybe i can catch up with you someday. I am looking at a 25 foot Crestliner closed bow with downriggers and 8 pole holders and all the goodies to get me out there. Until then Good Luck and Good Fishing. Fin

·
Registered
137 Posts
Marc

Don't feel bad I was still planning on going Friday anyway. I got home from work and one of my kids was sick. I had to take her to the doctor Friday. I blame her!!!!! (just kidding). I did get out Saturday morning with Deer Slayer and my son for a bit of Catting at the McHenry dam. That was a lot of fun. DS must really like to cat fish because he's got more tackle than the bait shop. :smile:

I'm still gonna try to slip out some time this week if you know where they might be hitting in Wauk. or Winthrop.

HJ

G

·
I feel better that we can both blame your kids. LOL

I haven't been out in a while so let me know how you do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marc on 2002-04-30 16:19 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.