ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on heading out of Waukegan tomorrow afternoon in my boat. Anyone heard where to go or if the Coho are up there yet?
Thanks

G

·
Just got back from a morning of fishing in Waukegan,with the Finatic. Started at 7:30am at the Johnson pier. Fishing was slow, angling was slower. We got one 3lb Brown on a drowned shiner, from the end of the pier. I did see about 5 fish picked up here and there, on the North side. All were caught on spoons, all were small browns (with 1 six pound exception). No Coho. ------------------------------Arrived at Com-Ed at about 10:30. It was the usual circus. Told a guy he couldn't have 6 fish on his stringer. Told me one of them was his buddies. Told him he should start another stringer, and offered him some twine. He told me to eat buttmud. I immediately called the DNR. I hate cheaters. ----------------------------------------------------------------I then took a walk down the finally opened pier, with 1 pole, and 1 spoon (no gear or net, wanted a challenge). NADA. Talked to the usual suspects and was told that the bite was decent (not great) in the morning, but now over. Mostly small Browns, a couple of small Bows, and one 11lb King. All fish were caught on spoons, and again, no Coho.
Tonite the wind will blow out of the South, at just under a gale. By the time the wind dies down and veers to the West by morning, the Lake will be pretty churned up. So to finally answer HunterJon's question. I wouldn't exactly jump in and hold my breath looking for the Coho tomorrow, but with all the warm weather coming this weekend, next week

<marquee behavior="alternate">Should be Non-Stop Coho Action---Yipeeeeeee</marquee>

<marquee behavior="alternate">Some days you fish, Some days you angle. Today I fished</marquee>
:)16

P.S. Was told the guy with the 6 fish, left ALONE, right after I walked out to the pier. Should have tossed the cheater. :)11 :)11 :)11 :)11

G

·
P.S.S. I know you said you were fishing from a boat, you would still have to go out pretty far to find Coho tomorrow.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. I will set-up out of the harbor and head east and watch the water temp. If I do anything I will post my experience. Sorry to hear about your experience with a Poacher. I have been lucky. I never have run into people like that. I carry a cell phone and know the Poacher hot line. For those who don't know it, it's 1-877-2DNRLAW.

Thanks again guys,

G

·
That number gets you the Springfield office. They don't even know where Com Ed is. Does anyone know of a # for Lake, or Cook County ??? There has to be another office that the springfield officer called.
P.S. Good luck HunterJon & be carefull !!!

<marquee behavior="alternate">Some days you fish, Some days you angle </marquee>

:)23 :)23 :)23 :)23

1 - 8 of 8 Posts