ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing has been excellent along Waukegan lakefront. Johnson pier Saturday took 9 browns between 2 1/2 and six lbs. Fished from 7:00am til 11:30 using shiners on the bottom with slip rigs. Checked South Rocks and Com Ed and they were doing well also. Mostly browns and coho's. Government pier powerliners getting fish also. GLGF Fin

·
Registered
199 Posts
Keep the posts coming Fin. I miss the spring fishing in Waukegan.
I will be back to fish Com Ed this fall.
20th class reunion in the fall? Only in Waukegan.
Fishing is OK here in Washington st. but it is
better there.
Take A Kid Fishing
Steve Satterfield

G

·
Last time I was at the power plant--two Saturdays ago--it was windy and crowded. I found some people arguing over fishing spots and who actually crossed whose line. It was not a good place to take a kid for an outing--my kids sees enough of selfish and greedy old men fighting from TV.

Any good spot for shore fishing with kids?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fishing on the end of johnson pier is about 16 feet deep and about 125 yards from shore. Spooners were getting a few also.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anonymous,
Can you keep a secret. Try the Johnson pier in Waukegan. Less crowds more fish. No hassles due to there is a lot more room to fish. Good Luck and Good Fishing. Fin

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is a launch at waukegan harbor real close to johnson pier. I am not sure of the fees. There ia a free launch at northpoint marina about 5 miles north. GLGF Fin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts