ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched my new boat out of Waukegan Harbor talked to hook at the bait shop went straight out to 54 fow. 1 drift 30 Jumbos all on Perch rigs with 1 oz weights and fatheads. Had some REAL nice doubles had to stay vertical with the presentation but the fishing was red hot done in about 65 minutes. Headed back, cleaned the fish put the cover on the boat as the rain started. What a fantastic way to break in the new boat ride. There were only 5 other boats out there. Stayed away from the pack and action was very consistant. Fish were anywhere from 11-15 inches and thick. Fish fry tonight. There biting get out if ya can!!! :)2 :)2 :)2 Never even had time between fish to light up a smoke they were snapping.
GLGF
Fin

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Way to go Fin. Heard they are killin' em in 50-60 just south of the harbor. When are we going? :lol:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perches

Bigsaw you are right on and anytime you want to do a Sunday or Monday morning just let me know. Monday there was little pressure when I looked out there Sunday could not count how many boats were out there but theres room for everyone. I get off at 2pm on any weekday also so would be able to be at the launch by 3. They were snapping so we should be able to get a couple limits at most 2 hours. I am buying breakfast lunch or whatever LMK. I have a season launch pass so we can get right out.
GLGF
Fin

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
That's the way to do it. During the week, when there are that many FEWER boats out there. :)2

Last year seemed to me that MANY get testey out there in the pack. :roll: Seems that they own the Lake, & dictate what others must do. Seen tempers flare on one occasion. Almost went to fist-a cuffs. Not my idea of having fun.

Thats why I stay away from the so called flotilla (out of N.P) doing the Salmon thing. I do O.K. & at a much CALMER PACE.

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
lov2eyesfish said:
are there perch off of NP?
Yes but harder to find. Seems the schools pass by with no where to hang out?

Got lucky last year found a school. Took some searching & stayed right on top of them. The school was on a slow move & once we figured it out, we hammered them. Limited out in about 2hrs..

Next day could'nt find 'em?

2 days later BOOM found a school, I think in the 30/40ft. area & again had to move with them. Thats why one needs a good loca/finder..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.