ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have opinions on waukegun harbor fishing.
I am thinking of going weekend? live bait, lures what works? is it to early for soft plastics

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hey man my son and I went to Gov. pier and did everything possible and not one hit. I know the browns are being taken on the bottom with minnows and crawlers under a bobber are getting a few coho but not for us. We then tried for some bass and northern and I was shocked I didnt get one. We finally sat at the edge with crappie jigs and laughed as we battled to see who could get the smallest gobbies. There was not one fish caught the entire time we were there but I think Johnsons pier may have been the place to be. We really worked hard for salmon/trout.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
fishingkid101
Yes, we can help you get your stuff together for fishing the piers in Waukegan. Bring your rod and reel in the shop, we'll look at what you've got and tell you if you need to change anything!

We open at 5 am every day, but I do suggest that you try to come in during the week so we can take the time to get you set up. Weekend mornings are usually very busy, and we just wouldn't have as much time as we'd want to work with you!
See ya soon!
Lori

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
FK101, Definitely take Fishhog up on the offer, they really know their stuff and are very friendly and helpful! You can't ask for a better source of information and equipment than the people at the Salmon Stop! :)2

·
Registered
205 Posts
fishhog said:
fishingkid101
Yes, we can help you get your stuff together for fishing the piers in Waukegan. Bring your rod and reel in the shop, we'll look at what you've got and tell you if you need to change anything!

We open at 5 am every day, but I do suggest that you try to come in during the week so we can take the time to get you set up. Weekend mornings are usually very busy, and we just wouldn't have as much time as we'd want to work with you!
See ya soon!
Lori
Lori & Auggie,

I came in last Tuesday in the late afternoon for some nightcrawlers and frozen shiners. I went to Johnson Pier and got to 2 hits on a nightcrwler under a bobber. Missed the first one and hooked a nice brown on the second hit. Left the net at home and a guy fishing next to me tried to grab the fish but off course I lost it. Fished the north side towards the end. Will be out next week again. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
husky jerk said:
Hey man my son and I went to Gov. pier and did everything possible and not one hit. I know the browns are being taken on the bottom with minnows and crawlers under a bobber are getting a few coho but not for us. We then tried for some bass and northern and I was shocked I didnt get one. We finally sat at the edge with crappie jigs and laughed as we battled to see who could get the smallest gobbies. There was not one fish caught the entire time we were there but I think Johnsons pier may have been the place to be. We really worked hard for salmon/trout.

I have had good results using dead minnows on the bottom, just make sure your leader is florcarbon and is no more than 6# test line, in fact I use 4# test line ,main line is no more that 12# test line.I am going tomorrow to Waukegan.I will post the report later in the evening

1 - 6 of 6 Posts