ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come watch the IVBM Open weigh in, we will be serving Brats and Burgers, and having a raffle with some great prizes. Weigh in starts at 3:00 PM Sunday the 6th. Come early to eat. South ramp

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am not sure who won but the winning weight was around 7 1/2 pounds.they only weighed in 10 fish. The biggest around 5 1/2 pounds. It looked like around 60 boats. This lake is really getting to be like the dead sea .

·
Registered
194 Posts
WOOO HOOO! Lets do some simple math here. If there were 60 boats that means 120 anglers. Im not sure of the length of time so Ill just say 8 hours. Thats 960 man hours of fishing. Thats 0.010416667 fish per angler average. We can have fun with this and say that for 1 angler he would have to fish Braidwood 12 days straight for eight hours a day and he might catch 1 keeper fish in that time. Now thats a honey hole!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you want to know whats funny? At our next open tournament, on much better water The 3 rivers area, (Des-Plaines Conservation Center)we wont get 30 boats. Braidwood had 58 boats paid. Want to laugh some more? At our Cal-Sag open tourney this summer, we wont get 30 boats. Braidwood had 58 boats paid. We could abandon this lake like all the other clubs, who used and abused this lake then left when the going got tough. We choose to stay, and restore this lake. There will be a conservation project out there this summer planting water willow around a few select shoreline areas, and islands. I am putting together a list of volunteers. Be part of the solution, not the problem. Lets work together, and lets not bash the lake, or Exelon, and lets not abandon it. We will restore it. Email [email protected]. Leave your info. I wont get back to you for a while, I am going to Lake Sara this weekend.

·
Registered
440 Posts
yeah and considering the water being cold still, the weather playing tricks and that many people pounding the water, your talking a tough spring tourney! anyone that fishes bass tourneys around here knows how tough it can be in the spring. Now i don't know if it's always that tough, but i'll tell ya what, a 5.5lb fish is a dam big one. Sounds like they either need some structure/cover in there or a better regulation on keeping them! Sounds like it was a fun event either way!

·
Registered
60 Posts
RICH,YOUGUYS PUT ON A GREAT TOURNEY . MY PARTNER AND I WERE GOUNG TO GET IN THE DEPLAINES TOURNEY BUT HAVE TO WORK. THE RIVER TOURNEYS ARE ALOT BETTER TO FISH. TO BAD YOU GUYS CAN'T GET MORE BOATS OUT THERE. ANY OTHER TOURNEYS ON THE RIVER?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Rich I applaud you for what you are trying to do at that lake. Hopefully it works. Beacause the state of that place is horrible. Granted there are some bass left in the place but its far and few between. It used to be a honey hole but now its just a hole with water and not many bass. Good Luck with that. I also think they need to put diff restrictions on the bass that people take out of there. Like implement a catch and release for the bass, say for 10 years or so. I hope you can make it the place it used to be. Good Luck again

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The water willow planting is June 12th at 10:00 AM. North ramp. Come up, ask for me or Rob Miller. Should only take 3 or 4 hours of your time. Do something good. All it'll cost you is a little time.
Rich

1 - 12 of 12 Posts