ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that my pictures have been posted (Thank you Razzo) I would like to say that this fish is heavier then the calculated 4.88lbs. By seeing the fish would some of you believe that it could have been closer to 7-8 lbs?

G

·
Nope, like I said before...it's a nice fish but not even near 8 LB. 5 ½ lb. tops, The fish still hadnt spawned.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bob Hicks on 2002-04-27 12:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
461 Posts
Walleye,

Glad to see that you registered. Hope to see more posts from you.

I have to agree with Bob on this one, that your fish (which is a great fish) was not close to eight pounds. I'd estimate close to what Bob did - 6 pounds.

It just doesn't add up from the trusted, well established formulas. I have not landed an eight pound walleye but have seen one and Bob has caught one. Sorry, your fish was not eight pounds. Don't let that take away from a great catch though. Next time bring a credible scale or get the girth measurement.

What general area did you catch him in? Was it the Fox?

Razzo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.